Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Movin!

So heres all the details on my move! Dad me and my brother in law reece got the uhaul loaded and the next morning dad and I left at 6 and headed for Cali. It was a pretty smooth ride just a few things, dad got on a toll road ,and one road i needed to get on was closed but nothing too serious. hope ya don't get a ticket dad! we got to my appartment around 2, signed the papers and started unloading. I now know why you don't see many female movers. bedroom sets and couches up 2 flights of stairs with just me and my dad wasn't a whole lot of fun. it was about 4 and we had all the boxes and the uhaul completely empty. we were looking at the fridge and stackable washer/dryer knowing there was no way we were going to get them up those dang stairs. when just then 2 missionaries were ridin around on their bikes. we stoped them and talked to them. they were both from the Salt Lake area. they asked if we needed help, poor guys i bet they thought carry a few boxes not lift a washer/dryer up stairs. It took all 4 of us to get it in. we got it in its tight little spot and realized we didn't have it hooked up we weren't about to squirm it back out so they had me squeeze behind and hook it up. there also was a small leak that they had to talk to through to fix it. I told my brother in law (who is a plumber) he should hire me! =) at that point dad and i were pooped and hungry dad took me to a cool mexican place right by a marina it had huge windows where you could see all the boats and the ocean. we came back and started unloadin the boxes. next thing we know its 2:00 a.m. dad stayed the next day too helping me get things situated & things hung on my wall. My dad is amazing I don't know what I'd do without him. he's always the first to give advice and help and wont let you turn it down. I am so greatful for him and the time that we got to spend together. it isn't very often me and dad get to go on a trip together, too bad it wasn't much more than moving but I still enjoyed it and being with him! Love you dad! Well dad left and I got pretty much everything put away and cleaned up. Randan is in Japan now turning in his gear and cleaning up to come home. He comes home on the 23. However they have to be out of the barracks on the 20 so they have to spend 2 nights at the airport =( the countdown is finally ending tho we countin down days instead of months!

6 comments:

Mitch & Kirstie Moore said...

I'm so happy he will be home any day now. I bet that is so tuff. Good luck to the both of you in the new state :D

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

Oh yeah for you! I bet you can't wait! Hope all is well in Cali! Have fun and keep us updated!

The Stylers said...

Kenz I can't Believe your actually in California! It's so crazy! I hope that things are going good! And I'm so Excited for you to finally be able to be with Randan! :) :) If you need anything let me know! (haha I'll do as much as I can from Utah) Love ya!!

The Clay's said...

I'm so happy for you!! Good luck and have fun in Cali in your new place!

TheStaheliFamily said...

Hey there are some of our family pictures up on MB photography!! Hope your having fun in sunny cali. Second day of school went good but I'm ready for the week to be done. Wish you were still here, I'm going to town tonight to go to target and Reece is going hunting overnight, we could have a girls night :( Love ya sis!

Tiffany Christensen said...

Congrats Kenz! Wish you all the best of everything because you totally deserve it. Love ya girl!