Friday, August 26, 2011

4 years done, 4 to go??




Well I have to do a little brag post about Randan. Today he's been in the Marine Corps for 4 years! Its so crazy to me. what a crazy 4 years its been. I missed the whole boot camp phase but since he got back from boot camp we've been together. He has worked so hard and gone to so many schools not to mention gotten high shooter and been at the top of the class in most of them. he's deployed twice, once on a MEU for 8 months. and the second one to Afghanistan where he got shot 2 months into it. he's been in the sniper platoon for I think 3 years maybe just 2 I'm not sure and has loved it! He really enjoys his job and what he does, which makes it all worth it. He would be getting out today but with being shot he'll have to stay in at least until his leg is completely healed which who knows how long that'll be, he's going in for another surgery on sept. 12th. he's even contemplating signing on for another 4 years but we'll just see. one day at a time :) I'm so proud of Randan and all that he's accomplished in his 4 years in the Marine Corps. He's such a great Marine, husband and daddy! don't know what we'd do without him!

2 comments:

The Durham's said...

It's crazy how fast time flies! I hope everything goes well for his surgery!

The Stylers said...

It's crazy that Randan has been in for that long!! That means we are getting OLD! I don't want to think about it!! Miss you guys!!!